
So we're at Olive Garden for lunch with my mom, her friend Laura from Maine, and her 8 year old son Eli. Colby was hungry so I covered myself and nursed her at the table. When I finish the 8 year old says "what did she eat" and his mom says "breastmilk".
Eli ~ "Moooommmmm! Why'd you have to tell me that?"
Laura ~ "What, you asked! Plus, that's what you ate as a baby."
Eli ~ "Yeah, but you didn't do it that way"
Laura ~ "Yes I did"
I think the word "boobies" was somewhere in that exchange as well. You should have seen his face at her answer! I think the poor kid is scarred for life! My usual explanation if "she's resting" doesn't work... I'm feeding her... if they ask for more, I say it's like a cow gives us milk and that's about enough (one five year old asked where it was coming out of my body from).
Hope I don't offend any of you with this pic... I think it's fairly tactful.
No comments:
Post a Comment