Thursday, September 9, 2010

Colby Goes to School!

So today was Colby's first day of school... and I didn't find out until yesterday that she got in (I was on the waiting list but they added another section but we've been away and I didn't get the letter until yesterday)! The main reason I considered putting her in was so that she gets comfortable with me leaving her somewhere (she has some separation anxiety)... and then I realized that it would also be really nice to be able to go to the grocery store or wherever with just one kid! (I don't think I've bought any birthday presents since Bryce was born... sorry everyone!)

So we got there today (late as usual... but part of it was we met another mom in the parking lot that I knew but hadn't seen since we both had babies) and she did really well at first.

ARRIVAL - She hopped right into a car when we walked in the door! And then played on the slide and crawled in the tunnel.

Didn't seem to even care when I kissed her and said goodbye. And the teacher told me to leave so I left... I came back in about half an hour (didn't have anywhere to go since I planned on staying) and she had been screaming & crying for a while. I thought it was too easy! She finally settled down and I stayed in the room for the rest of the time. Hmmm... we'll see what happens next week! (and it could be at a different preschool... I started looking into that one b/c this one was full)

AFTER - We took some pics and played on the playground. YES, it is a Dora backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment