So we prematurely set up potties in our bathrooms, and Colby has sat on them 2 or 3 times after changing a diaper or before a bath. She says "poops" sometimes after going to the bathroom. So tonight I was getting ready to put her to bed and she said "potty". I got really excited and said "hurry, hurry, let's go sit on the potty!". Well we got her skirt, leggings and diaper off (which took a while), and got her seated... where she stayed for maybe 30 seconds before getting up to see the cat food. Sat her back down, and I went and said "listen to the pee pee." She got up and sat down a few more times, and I was about to tell her that was enough and put her diaper and PJs on when I looked in and to my amazement, there was actually pee in the potty! I got VERY excited and we had lots of exclamations, hugging, and clapping... then I had to go get my camera and sit her back down. And then we poured it in the big potty and Colby flushed it down. What a big girl! And not even 17 months yet! Could be a fluke, but considering she said "potty" first, it could be for real! YAY Colby!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Pee Pee on the Potty!
So we prematurely set up potties in our bathrooms, and Colby has sat on them 2 or 3 times after changing a diaper or before a bath. She says "poops" sometimes after going to the bathroom. So tonight I was getting ready to put her to bed and she said "potty". I got really excited and said "hurry, hurry, let's go sit on the potty!". Well we got her skirt, leggings and diaper off (which took a while), and got her seated... where she stayed for maybe 30 seconds before getting up to see the cat food. Sat her back down, and I went and said "listen to the pee pee." She got up and sat down a few more times, and I was about to tell her that was enough and put her diaper and PJs on when I looked in and to my amazement, there was actually pee in the potty! I got VERY excited and we had lots of exclamations, hugging, and clapping... then I had to go get my camera and sit her back down. And then we poured it in the big potty and Colby flushed it down. What a big girl! And not even 17 months yet! Could be a fluke, but considering she said "potty" first, it could be for real! YAY Colby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WAY TO GO, COLBY! Aunt BB is so proud of you!!
ReplyDeletedefinitely was a fluke... next morning she had 3 accidents in the course of 40 min. bathtime... she has tried to sit a few times since, but no success
ReplyDelete