Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just keep swimming...



Colby had her first swimming experience (other than the tub) during her lesson at the Lititz Rec center. She was a little apprehensive at first with all the noise, the rather chilly water, and the little girl screaming next to her. First we sprinkled water on them while sitting on the pool edge with a watering can, then we did Humpty Dumpty and they fell off the wall into the pool, and we walked around in a big circle and sang a few other songs, floated them on their backs, threw rubber duckies for them to chase (although she got mad every time I took it from her to throw!), and then we had some free time. I put her head under once, and she did pretty well!

At the end of the lesson I was swimming her around and she was doing this funny dolphin kick thing with her whole body and legs kicking together... so cute! She did it for a couple of minutes... and definitely would have been going somewhere if I let her go (besides down). She's gonna have a blast this summer with all the swimming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment